JOB OFFER: Research Fellow/specialist(Consultant)
|Job Title||Research Fellow/specialist(Consultant)|
|Reports to||National Programme Manager|
|Job location||Yaounde, Cameroon|
|Start Date||November 2023|
|Contract Duration||3 months renewable|
About the Organisation
Local Youth Corner Cameroon is a national, non-profit, youth-led non-governmental organization created in 2002 with the focus of working with youth to promote youth empowerment, inclusion and participation in policy-making and development process. LOYOC seeks to build peace and conflict prevention, prevent youth radicalism and violent extremism through training, peer-to-peer education, sports, policy recommendations, research, etc., and create an enabling environment for young people to exercise their full potential. As a youth-led organization, we apply a Positive Youth Development Approach that strengthens the assets/skills, sense of agency, opportunities for contributions, and the enabling environment for youth.
The organization currently has 4 operational offices with headquarters in Yaoundé. With the need to recruit visionary and passionate young peacebuilders to push the organization’s vision and with LOYOC being an equal opportunity employer, we are currently looking for dedicated youths who are ready to not only share our goals but grow as well with the team.
The overall objective of this assignment is to capture and develop knowledge for the Amplify project. As part of the assignment, He / She will develop policy briefs and articles in line with the progress as well as support the team of consultants for the baseline.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will be responsible for the following deliverables:
Deliverable 1: Identify and analyze in a report the existing internal systems for knowledge collection, including revisiting some of the previous knowledge management practices and conducting a thorough assessment of what worked and what did not work and reinvigorating the best aspects of:
- Community of practice;
- Success stories and lessons learned notes;
- Action reflections;
- Other reports, etc.
Deliverable 2: Propose a strategy to strategically engage with key partners tap into relevant best practices and scan the horizon for:
- External knowledge management best practices, tapping into external knowledge pools and bringing those insights into the project;
- Meaningful impact metrics that can bear on knowledge management work in order to measure the impact of our engagement and outreach efforts for reporting purposes.
Deliverable 3: Prepare a knowledge management road map.
- Applying networked knowledge creation concept to knowledge management with the focus on connecting people, sharing capabilities and creating new knowledge;
- Ensuring active participation and engagement of project leaders in the design and maintenance of knowledge management processes ;
- Focusing more attention on quality assurance, strengthening linkages to the project’s strategic advocacy goals, more effective dissemination, and impact monitoring;
- Identifying several key knowledge partnership opportunities with selected knowledge management leaders with the potential to connect the project and LOYOC to top-notch expertise;
- Elaborating specific recommendations for the operation of LOYOC’s knowledge management system at the regional level by taking into account best practices, and reflecting on the latest knowledge management trends.
Click below to know more about this position
Interested applicants meeting the above requirements should submit the following;
- A Cover Letter
- A Resume
via email to email@example.com; addressed to the Human Resource Officer, Local Youth Corner Cameroon not later than the 27th of September 2023.