DEADLINE EXTENDED ON JOB OFFER: Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (DMEL)
DEADLINE EXTENSION FOR Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (DMEL)
|Job Title||Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (DMEL)|
|Reports to||Regional Programme Manager|
|Job location||Buea / Remote Cameroon|
|Start Date||November 2023|
|Contract Duration||3 months renewable|
About the Organization
Local Youth Corner Cameroon is a national, non-profit, youth-led non-governmental organization created in 2002 with the focus of working with youth to promote youth empowerment, inclusion and participation in policy-making and development process. LOYOC seeks to build peace and conflict prevention, prevent youth radicalism and violent extremism through training, peer-to-peer education, sports, policy recommendations, research, etc., and create an enabling environment for young people to exercise their full potential. As a youth-led organization, we apply a Positive Youth Development Approach that strengthens the assets/skills, sense of agency, opportunities for contributions, and the enabling environment for youth.
The organization currently has 4 operational offices with headquarters in Yaoundé. With the need to recruit visionary and passionate young peacebuilders to push the organization’s vision and with LOYOC being an equal opportunity employer, we are currently looking for dedicated youths who are ready to not only share our goals but grow as well with the team.
The Design, Monitoring, and Evaluation (DMEL) Officer will implement a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation system to oversee the successful implementation of the Amplify project and establish systems to measure program progress and impact. He/She will liaise daily with the Regional project manager/officer to meet their specific DMEL needs. The DMEL Officer will be primarily responsible for coordinating the research, design, monitoring and evaluation, and organizational learning efforts of LOYOC’s projects in Cameroon.
Duties and Responsibilities
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Implement project logic frameworks, indicators, targets, data collection tools, and M&E plans
- Provide timely, quality support and coaching to the different project coordinators and provincial focal points to meet their specific DMEL needs
- Ensure the system captures outcome/output indicators and means of verification and develop case studies
- Ensure DMEL plans are integrated into project work plans with clear roles responsibilities and deadlines
- Assist in the coordination and management of external evaluation contracts and teams;
- Program outputs and results are accurately recorded and coordinated to inform program staff; in maintaining a database in Google Drive and other storage devices to ensure all
- Assist the National Programme Manager in providing monthly and quarterly reports on all activities, outputs, and relevant outcome indicators to the Executive Director, programme beneficiaries and donors;
- Participate in and contribute towards internal evaluation processes;
- Work with the project managers/officers to provide support and guidance to the different projects in the development and implementation of their M&E work plans;
- Provide capacity building and support to staff and partners in capturing results and M&E;
- Develop and update the list of projects’ beneficiaries and stakeholders
Program Quality and Learning
- Assist Programme Coordinator and Programme Managers to lead reviews of log frames and indicators with project teams
- Analyses both qualitative and quantitative data, and ensures data is presented in clear, coherent, presentations/reports
- Contribute to identifying and synthesizing good practices and lessons learned.
- Meet regularly with LOYOC staff to review the progress of projects against project objectives, indicators, and deliverables, and give meaningful input and recommendations into the project management and institutional learning
- Be directly engaged in the continuing development of the organization, its mission, and its staff, through the sharing of experience and knowledge and supporting research and learning initiatives
- Keep abreast of and navigate the conflict dynamics in Cameroon and target locations
- Travel to program target areas in the field as needed to oversee and support DMEL initiatives
Other relevant tasks as required by the line manager
This position is based in Yaounde, with regular travel to the 10 regions of Cameroon.
Click below to download the complete offer
Interested applicants meeting the above requirements should submit the following;
- A Cover Letter
- A Resume
via email to email@example.com; addressed to the Human Resource Officer, Local Youth Corner Cameroon not later than the 27th of October 2023.