JOB OPPORTUNITY – PROJECT OFFICER
|Job Title||Project Officer|
|Reports to||Project Manager|
|Job location||Yaounde, Cameroon|
|Start Date||February 2023|
|Contract Duration||Fixed Term – Project ends in January 2025|
|About the Organization|
|Local Youth Corner Cameroon is a national, non-profit, youth-led non-governmental organization created in 2002 with the focus of working with youth to promote youth empowerment, inclusion and participation in policy making and development process. LOYOC seeks to build peace and conflict prevention, prevent youth radicalism and violent extremism through training, peer-to-peer education, sports, policy recommendations, and research, etc, and create an enabling environment for young people to exercise their full potential. As a youth-led organization, we apply a Positive Youth Development Approach that strengthens the assets/skills, sense of agency, opportunities for contributions, and the enabling environment for youth.
The organization currently has 4 operational offices with headquarters in Yaoundé. With the need to recruit visionary and passionate young peace builders to push the organization’s vision and with LOYOC being an equal opportunity employer, we are currently looking for dedicated youths who are ready to not only share our goals but grow as well with the team.
|Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Officer will provide effective and efficient support in planning, coordination, and management of LOYOC’s YOUNG Cameroon project. This will require:
– Substantial initiative and judgment;
– Understanding of LOYOC’s operationalization, policies and procedures; – Close collaboration with the Project Coordinator, Project Manager, M&E Officer, and LOYOC’s finance team.
|Duties and Responsibilities|
|● Support the engagement with project participants periodically to ensure that activities meet participants’ needs, project objectives and the key activities are taking place as planned;
● Engage with key government and non-governmental interlocutors, including CSOs, companies and peacebuilding agencies, through project activities;
● Accompany partner organisations in the planning and implementation of activities against the work plan and the project strategy in collaboration with the Project Coordinator and ensure that partners adhere to the terms and conditions of their contracts on the project.
● Support the finance and administration team relating to project implementation, including preparation of cash requests and returns;
● Maintain the project filing system and ensure the effective recording, documentation, and filing of project activities, M&E data, internal and external project meetings;
● Ensure timely management and resource utilisation in line with the developed Annual and Quarterly work plans;
● Support the coordination and logistics for workshops and field visits. Leading in project compliance
● Ensure that project partners respect and apply all of LOYOC’s administrative; logistical and financial systems, as well as those of the donor – Search for Common Ground and the European Union, and respect the laws of Cameroon;
● Coordinate and organise activities with partners using a community and participatory approach to achieve the expected results of the project;
● Contribute to the development of the project’s strategy and activities ensuring they are conflict and gender sensitive.
Project Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation
● Support in the organisation and facilitation of reflection and planning sessions with partners as often as necessary and develop recommendations for the adaptation of the strategy of the project based on the results of these sessions;
● Support the collection of relevant information from partners to feed into the monitoring and evaluation of the project, including activity reports
● Support in preparation of donor reports and project completion reports in coordination with the Project Manager and the M&E officer under the supervision of the Project Coordinator;
● Ensure that the partners submit timely monthly updates that conforms to the standards of LOYOC, Search and the European Union;
● Collect and give constructive feedback on partner organization’s activity reports and develop reports based on the context and other data collected from the field; submit these reports to the Project Manager in a timely fashion;
● Undertake field visits as often as possible in order to ensure the effective implementation of activities by partners and ensure these are being implemented in line with the TORs validated by the Project Coordinator;
● Participate in preparation of Monthly, quarterly, and annual project reports in collaboration with the SPO & Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
|Contribute to LOYOC’s organisational processes and strategies
● Contribute to team-wide communications and knowledge management, and participate in organisation-wide events and discussions on related topics/projects
● Any other tasks as may be reasonably required;
● Contribute and assist in weekly staff meetings, sharing regular updates on the project;
● Actively participate in LOYOC’s team meetings and other meetings as required;
● Participate in relevant coordination mechanisms.
Other relevant tasks as required by the line manager
|This position is based in Yaounde, with regular travel to the 10 regions of Cameroon.|
|University degree in International Development, Political Sciences, Peace and Conflict studies, or any other related subject|
|NGO project implementation experience of minimum of 2 years– including activity implementation, community engagement, monitoring and reporting.|
|Excellent working knowledge (spoken, written and reading) of English and French
Experience of implementing community-based programming in Youth Peace and Security, governance, peacebuilding programming
|Experience in engaging with partners and other stakeholders|
|Excellent report-writing and editing skills|
|Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage personal workload and meet deadlines|
|Knowledge and experience of M&E methodologies|
|Strong understanding of the context for peacebuilding and good governance in Cameroon|
|Understanding and familiarity with conflict-sensitive approaches to development|
|Familiarity with gender and development concepts, and experience of implementing gender-sensitive programmes
Knowledge and experience of M&E in the peacebuilding sector
|Experience of project design and fundraising|
|Experience with Outcome Harvesting/ Outcome Mapping methodologies|
Potential applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager directly for further consideration. Interested Applicants meeting the above requirements should submit a motivation letter and an up to date curriculum vitae by email to email@example.com; addressed to the Human Resource Manager, Local Youth Corner Cameroon not later than the 20th of February 2022. Any application submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted…