JOB OPPORTUNITY – FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS OFFICER
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS OFFICER
Type: Full Time
Duration: 12 Months
Local Youth Corner Cameroon (LOYOC) is a national, non-governmental, non-profit, and youth-led organization working with young people to build peace and prevent youth radicalization, instrumentalization, and violent extremism. LOYOC seeks to build peace and prevent youth radicalism and violent extremism through training, peer-to-peer education, sports, policy recommendations, and research, etc, and create an enabling environment for young people to exercise their full potential. Created in 2002, the organization currently has three operational offices with headquarters in Yaoundé including the just established Buea Field office which has operational coverage in the Littoral, West Northwest, and Southwest regions of Cameroon.
With the need to recruit visionary and passionate young peacebuilders to push the organization’s vision and with LOYOC being an equal opportunity employer, we are currently looking for a young person with a passion for peacebuilding and development with competencies in Finance and Accounting and a good knowledge in Auditing and Tax Declaration and who is based in YAOUNDE.
Job Specifications / Requirements.
Under the supervision of the Finance and Operations Manager, the incumbent will;
- Responsible for financial management and reporting and internal control
- Ensure that local bank account administration and associated cash management functions are performed in adherence to financial guidelines;
- Coordinate, review and endorse responses to audit queries from internal and external audits and ensure the implementation of accounting audit recommendations.
- Ensure that payments made are timely and accurately, and all month-end and year-end cut-off processes are implemented in line with relevant guidance;
- Ensure accounting records are correct and reliable, including and not limited to timely bank reconciliations, maintenance of open items, timely processing of travel financial transactions, clearance of residual requisitions and purchase order balance.
- Perform financial management and control related to Cash-Based Interventions in adherence to financial guidelines.
- Perform project control functions for both directly and indirectly implemented activities, in the absence of a dedicated project control position.
- Prepare financial reports, monitoring and supervising expenditures with respect to approved budgets and work plans;
- In close coordination with the NFOM, support the preparation and review of donor financial reports, and endorse such reports before submission to donors;
- Manage all deposits and withdrawals from the organisation’s main and sub accounts in a professional manner.
- Analyse finances and develop internal project budgets that will keep the organisation’s costs down.
- Support the conducting of all monthly, quarterly and yearly internal audits and draft all financial reports.
- Collaborate with management on development and execution of funding strategies;
- Examine financial and legal documents to verify accuracy and adherence to financial regulations and acceptable financial principles.
- Carryout monthly (bank) account reconciliation for main cash and support petit cash reconciliation and the organisations bank account and report to the Finance and Operations Manager.
- Coordinate all financial transactions at all regional offices and reconcile all organisational spending on a monthly, quarterly and annual bases.
- Effectuate all cash disbarments either through check or bank transfer with prior approval from the Executive Director or his designated representative authority.
- Draft all project budgets alongside project offices for the project concerned and share with the Executive Director for approval.
- Ensure monthly and yearly closing as well as any other periodic accounting-related processes are executed in a timely and accurate manner;
- Provide guidance and capacity building to all finance staff at the organisation’s regional offices.
- In coordination with relevant departments, and to improve cost-effectiveness and process efficiency for operations, implement and assist finance-related services such as: vendor and other related master data management and maintenance, invoice posting, travel claim processing, payments, bank reconciliations, accounting housekeeping and period cut-off activities, donor financial reporting, etc.
- Assess, review, and ensure application of finance-related policies, instructions, procedures, etc.
- Provide advice to management regarding the application of financial policies and procedures and, when necessary, coordinate with the National Finance and Operations Manager (NFOM), as applicable, regarding the interpretation of such policies and procedures.
- Make proposals for the continuous improvement of financial monitoring and control mechanisms, including the streamlining of financial systems and procedures.
- Other duties as may arise from time to time.
- Minimum of a Bachelor in Accounting and Finance.
- Minimum of 1-year relevant professional working experience in Tax Declaration and Auditing.
Potential applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager directly for further consideration. Interested Applicants meeting the above requirements should submit a motivation letter and an up to date curriculum vitae by email to email@example.com; addressed to the Human Resource Manager, Local Youth Corner Cameroon not later than the 20th of February 2023. Any application submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted…