EXTENDED DEADLINE for JOB OFFER: Project Officer
EXTENDED DEADLINE for JOB OFFER: Project Officer
|Job Title||Project Officer|
|Reports to||Regional Programme Manager|
|Job location||Buea, Cameroon|
|Start Date||November 2023|
|Contract Duration||6 months renewable|
About the Organization
Local Youth Corner Cameroon is a national, non-profit, youth-led non-governmental organization created in 2002 with the focus of working with youth to promote youth empowerment, inclusion and participation in policy-making and development process. LOYOC seeks to build peace and conflict prevention, prevent youth radicalism and violent extremism through training, peer-to-peer education, sports, policy recommendations, research, etc, and create an enabling environment for young people to exercise their full potential. As a youth-led organization, we apply a Positive Youth Development Approach that strengthens the assets/skills, sense of agency, opportunities for contributions, and the enabling environment for youth.
The organization currently has 4 operational offices with headquarters in Yaoundé. With the need to recruit visionary and passionate young peacebuilders to push the organization’s vision and with LOYOC being an equal opportunity employer, we are currently looking for dedicated youths who are ready to not only share our goals but grow as well with the team.
Under the supervision of the Regional programme manager, the Project Officer will provide effective and efficient support in the planning, coordination, and management of LOYOC’s Amplifying Youth Participation In Dialogue And Peace Building In The North West And South West Regions Of Cameroon (Amplify Project). This Will Require:
- Substantial initiative and judgment;
- Understanding of LOYOC’s operationalization, policies, and procedures;
Close collaboration with the Programmes Coordinator, National Programmes Manager, DM&E Officer, and LOYOC’s finance team.
Duties and Responsibilities
Support the engagement with project participants periodically to ensure that activities meet participants’ needs, and project objectivities and the key activities are taking place as planned;
- Engage with key government and non-governmental interlocutors, including CSOs, companies and peacebuilding agencies, through project activities;
- Accompany partner organizations in the planning and implementation of activities against the work plan and the project strategy in collaboration with the Project Coordinator and ensure that partners adhere to the terms and conditions of their contracts on the project.
- Budget Management
- Support the finance and administration team relating to project implementation, including preparation of cash requests and returns;
- Maintain the project filing system and ensure the effective recording, documentation, and filing of project activities, M&E data, and internal and external project meetings;
- Ensure timely management and resource utilization in line with the developed Annual and Quarterly work plans;
- Support the coordination and logistics of workshops and field visits.
Leading in project compliance
- Ensure that project partners respect and apply all of LOYOC’s administrative; logistical and financial systems, as well as those of the donor – Search for Common Ground and the European Union, and respect the laws of Cameroon;
- Coordinate and organize activities with partners using a community and participatory approach to achieve the expected results of the project;
- Contribute to the development of the project’s strategy and activities ensuring they are conflict and gender sensitive.
Project Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support in the organization and facilitation of reflection and planning sessions with partners as often as necessary and develop recommendations for the adaptation of the strategy of the project based on the results of these sessions;
- Support the collection of relevant information from partners to feed into the monitoring and evaluation of the project, including activity reports
- Support in the preparation of donor reports and project completion reports in coordination with the Project Manager and the M&E officer under the supervision of the Project Coordinator;
- Ensure that the partners submit timely monthly updates that conform to the standards of LOYOC, Search, and the European Union;
- Collect and give constructive feedback on partner organization’s activity reports and develop reports based on the context and other data collected from the field; submit these reports to the National Programmes Manager in a timely fashion;
- Undertake field visits as often as possible in order to ensure the effective implementation of activities by partners and ensure these are being implemented in line with the TORs validated by the Project Coordinator;
- Participate in the preparation of Monthly, quarterly, and annual project reports in collaboration with the SPO & Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- Contribute to LOYOC’s organizational processes and strategies
- Contribute to team-wide communications and knowledge management, and participate in organization-wide events and discussions on related topics/projects
- Any other tasks as may be reasonably required;
- Contribute and assist in weekly staff meetings, sharing regular updates on the project;
- Actively participate in LOYOC’s team meetings and other meetings as required;
- Participate in relevant coordination mechanisms.
- Other relevant tasks as required by the line manager
Click below for more details on this position
Interested applicants meeting the above requirements should submit the following;
- A Cover Letter
- A Resume
via email to email@example.com; addressed to the Human Resource Manager, Local Youth Corner Cameroon not later than the 27th of October 2023.