Job Offer: Manager-Youth Peace and Security Resource Center (Secretariat)
Job Title: Manager- Youth Peace and Security Resource Center (Secretariat)
Reports to Project Manager – YOUNG Cameroon Project
Job Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
Start Date: October 2023
Contract Duration: 3 months renewable
About the Role
The Youth, Peace and Security (YPS) Resource Center (YPS-YCR) is an instrument created as part of the YOUNG Cameroon Project implemented by Local Youth Corner Cameroon to serve as a coordinating and physical/virtual one-stop-shop and learning centre for young people and stakeholders working or supporting the participation of young people in peacebuilding in Cameroon. YPS-YCR will create an environment suitable to advance the Youth, Peace and Security agenda through research, training, advocacy and community development
The main objective of the Resource Center Manager is to ensure the effective functioning of the resource centre planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the Center. The manager will work closely with various stakeholders, including youth organizations, student and higher institutes of learning, Academia and researchers, government agencies, civil society organizations, and international partners, to make available learning resources and tools at the disposal of the entire Cameroonian public towards advancing the Youth, Peace and Security Agenda.
Duties and Responsibilities
A. Development and Management of Resource Center :
- To work with stakeholders to identify and collect teaching and learning resources i.e. the selection, acquisition, organization, promotion, maintenance and of resources to cover the full scope of the YPS agenda
- To develop multimedia resources to support independent and collective learning.
- By identifying and preparing resources for the Intranet
- By working with practitioners and researchers on YPS to identify areas of key interest areas where young peacebuilders will want resources available.
- To provide displays and materials that support career research
- To share and promote available resources
- To index, catalogue and classify learning resources and develop and maintain accurate and reliable catalogue and lending systems, to facilitate the accessibility use and control of stock
- To manage the Centre’s budget allocated, to ensure value for money in the purchase of books, learning materials and multi-media resources
B. Program Development
- Develop a comprehensive program strategy for virtual and in-person knowledge sharing on YPS and related fields
- Develop a comprehensive meeting schedule for members of the YPS Youth Coalition
C. Program Implementation:
- Implement in-person and virtual awareness-raising campaigns on YPS efforts in Cameroon
- Facilitate the organisation of monthly YPS Youth Coalition meetings
- Organise quarterly Podcast sessions on the evolution of YPS in Cameroon
- Support quarterly publication of articles and policy briefs on YPS and related themes.
D. Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Monitor and evaluate the day-to-day engagement of stakeholders using the resource centre
- Establish clear indicators and targets to measure program outcomes and impact.
- Regularly monitor program activities against set targets, identify gaps or areas for improvement, and take corrective actions as needed.
- Conduct periodic evaluations to assess the effectiveness and impact of the interventions.
E.Partnership and Networking:
- Provide support to members of the youth coalition on YPS
- Build strong partnerships with relevant stakeholders, including government agencies, youth organizations, civil society organizations, and international partners.
- Collaborate with other organizations working on YPS to leverage resources, share best practices, and promote synergies.
- Facilitate knowledge exchange and learning among project partners and stakeholders.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Education: At least a Masters Degree in a Social Science-related field. Experience working in youth peace-building programs will be an added advantage—experience in research.
- Work Experience: At least one year of experience working on YPS-related projects and 2 years of working experience in research and peace-building-related field
- Partnership: Experience working with students the academic community and other partners
- Knowledge management and transfer: Experience in developing, delivering and managing teaching, and training tools and resources
- Working with People: The ability to respect the views and contributions of other team members; show empathy, listen, and support; consult others and share information and expertise, build team spirit and adapt to the team.
- Flexibility: The ability to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities, to tolerate ambiguity, to adapt personal style to different people and situations.
- Drive for Results and Efficiency: The ability to set quality standards, monitor and maintain quality of work, and set goals to achieve continuous improvement.
- Relationship Management: The ability to manage interactions, provide service and support the organization while building an effective internal and external network.
- Consultation: The ability to guide organizational stakeholders while applying creative problem-solving to address business needs.
- Leadership and Navigation: The ability to manage and contribute to initiatives and processes within the organization while making progress toward change and continuous improvement.
- Communication: The ability to effectively exchange information with others, to effectively deliver critical information, to gather information and to communicate with others.
- Global and Cultural Effectiveness: The ability to value and consider the perspectives and backgrounds of all parties and be able to work cross-culturally.
- Ethical Practice: The ability to integrate Search vision, mission and core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Critical Evaluation: The ability to interpret information to make business decisions and recommendations based on keen analysis, best practices and an understanding of preferred outcomes.
- Business Acumen: Understanding and applying information to contribute to the organization’s strategic plan.
Developing others: The ability to provide support to enhance performance and professional growth.
Interested applicants meeting the above requirements should submit the following;
- A Cover Letter
- A Resume
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; addressed to the Human Resource Officer, Local Youth Corner Cameroon not later than October 30th, 2023.