CALL FOR COMMUNITY DIALOGUE FACILITATOR
Local Youth Corner Cameroon (LOYOC) is a youth-led and youth-centered organization working with young people to build peace. We focus on promoting the empowerment of young people (male and female) in the domain of peacebuilding, as well as preventing and countering violent extremism and sustainable development. As a youth-led organization, we apply the Positive Youth Development Approach that strengthens the assets/skills, sense of agency, opportunities for contributions, and the enabling environment for youth.
About the Project
In the framework of building collaborative spaces between and amoung young peple from different works of life to better engage them to work with thier communities and other stakeholders in the Northwest and Southwest Region of Cameroon, LOYOC is launching a call for an experienced community Dailogue Facilitator.
SCOPE OF WORK, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPOSED ANALYTICAL WORK
- Support the development of a framework for structured dialogues, including design and testing of qualitative methods for consensus building,
- Lead on coordination and facilitation of dialogues for groups of people from different walks of life.
- Report on findings, insights, and recommendations identified during the dialogue
- Support the development of dialogue resources relevant to the Diagnostic Process.
Expected outputs and deliverables:
|Deliverables/ Outputs||Target Due Dates||Review and Approvals Required||% of total contract value|
|Support development of a framework for structured dialogues, including innovative methodology||28-02-2022||YES||15%|
|Facilitate multi stakeholder dialogues for 20 people, 6 times in 6 months||31-08-2022||YES||65%|
|Support development of short reports on findings, insights and recommendations from dialogues||31-09-2022||YES||15%|
- The Consultant will work under the guidance and direct supervision of the LOYOC program manager for South West region.
- The Consultant hired for this project will work closely together with the project officer.
- The Consultant will be given access to relevant information necessary for the execution of the tasks under this assignment.
- The Consultant will engage with relevant LOYOC colleagues, donors, and participants as appropriate.
- The Consultant will be responsible for providing her/his own laptop.
- The Consultants are expected to be reasonably flexible with his/her availability for consultations with various stakeholders who may be based in different communities
Duration of the work:
- The consultancy is expected to span across three (3) months through part-time support to LOYOC.
The consultant will possess both corporate and Functional competencies
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling LOYOC’s values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of LOYOC.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Fulfils all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
- Proven networking skills, demonstrating the ability to build strategic partnerships by maintaining a network of contacts for general information sharing and being up-to-date on partnership-related issues.
- Demonstrate ability to interact effectively with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong initiative-taker.
- Focuses on impact and results for clients.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Experience and Qualification
- Advanced University Degree in Social Sciences, Management Sciences or relevant area required.
- At least a 3 years of substantive community experience in designing/facilitating workshops, intergroup processes and implementing team-building exercise required.
- Well-developed skills and at least 2 years of experience in facilitation, consensus-building, multi-stakeholder dialogue processes, mediation, or negotiation, are required.
- Knowledge of peacebuilding and its application at the national level is required.
- Understanding of innovative dialogue methodologies, such as sensemaking, is desired.
- Experience in event organization is desired.
- Experience in facilitating strategic planning workshops and/or other events for communities
To apply, interested persons should submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A detailed CV
- A Cover letter
Deadline 19th of February 2022