JOB OPPORTUNITY – COMMUNICATION ASSISTANT
Type: Full Time
Duration: 12 Months
Local Youth Corner Cameroon (LOYOC) is a national, non-governmental, non-profit, and
youth-led organization working with young people to build peace and prevent youth
Radicalization, instrumentalization, and violent extremism. LOYOC seeks to build peace and
prevent youth radicalism and violent extremism through training, peer-to-peer education,
sports, policy recommendations, and research, etc, and create an enabling environment for
young people to exercise their full potential. Created in 2002, the organization currently has
three operational offices with headquarters in Yaoundé including the just established Buea
Field office which has operational coverage in the Littoral, West, Northwest, and Southwest
regions of Cameroon.
With the need to recruit visionary and passionate young peacebuilders to push the
organization’s vision and with LOYOC being an equal opportunity employer, we are currently
Looking for a young person with a passion for peacebuilding and development with
competencies in communication and a broad range of professional communication skills,
including writing, editing, translating, content development, event management social media
and so on and who is based in YAOUNDE.
Job Specifications / Requirements.
Under the supervision of the National Programs Manager, the incumbent will;
- Provide administrative support for communication team, including meeting coordination with programs, social media platform management, travel arrangements etc.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Support program team to write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, online articles, brochures, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organizations activities, products and/or services.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Proficiency in design and publishing software.
- Work with the other team members to create and review content for communication campaigns, social media channels, website, e-newsletter, internal communication channels, press and various print and publications materials. This includes copy writing, translation and content editing support for all internal and external communications including promotional materials and digital content.
- Oversee the development of communication materials, including contracting translators, designers, and printing house, to ensure timely and high-quality production of materials.
- Ensure communication-related information is properly managed and filled both online and offline.
- Draft corporate press statements, media FAQs and guide team members on media interviews.
- Support the management of social media accounts and websites of the organisation.
- Provide Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Narrative Reports to management.
- Ensure relevant pictures and videos are taken during project activity implementation.
- Develop strategic communication plans for the organisation and projects.
- Ensure data on the organisation’s website in updated frequently and ensure social media engagement with partners and followers is almost on a daily basis.
- Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
- Report to management as often as necessary.
- Other duties as may arise from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in communication, media science, international relations, or other related fields.
- Minimum of 1-year relevant professional working experience in similar capacity. Assessment
Potential applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager directly for further consideration. Interested Applicants meeting the above requirements should submit a motivation letter and an up to date curriculum vitae by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; addressed to the Human Resource Manager, Local Youth Corner Cameroon not later than the 20th of February 2022. Any application submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted…