JOB OFFER- Human Resource Officer
Type: Full Time
Local Youth Corner Cameroon (LOYOC) is a national, non-governmental, non-profit, and youth-led organization working with young people to build peace and prevent youth radicalization and violent extremism. LOYOC seeks to build peace and prevent youth radicalism and violent extremism through training, peer-to-peer education, sports, policy recommendations, research, etc. and create an enabling environment for young people to exercise their full potential. Created in 2002, the organization currently has three operational offices with headquarters in Yaoundé, a Buea Field office that has operational coverage in the Littoral, West Northwest, and Southwest regions of Cameroon, and a Far North office.
With the need to recruit visionary and passionate young peacebuilders to push the organization’s vision and with LOYOC being an equal opportunity employer, we are looking for a skilled Human Resource Officer (HR) who is efficient and has knowledge of various HR functions and will recruit, support and develop talent through developing policies and managing procedures. He/she will have as a goal to provide excellent assistance and support to employees and managers and will contribute to making the workspace generally conducive and productive.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the incumbent will;
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems.
- Provide counseling on policies and procedures.
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads, and managing the hiring process.
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans.
- Develop training and development programs.
- Assist in performance management processes.
- Support the management on disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Maintain employee records (attendance, identification documents, contacts, etc.) according to policy and legal requirements.
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
- Write and develop job descriptions, person specifications, and job adverts.
- Manage the application process – check application forms, shortlist, interview, select successful candidate/s and inform unsuccessful ones.
- Plan and sometimes deliver training, including new staff inductions.
- Carry out strategy and planning activities and develop strategies to meet immediate and long-term staff requirements.
- Develop and implement policies on issues such as working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures, and absence management.
- Advise line managers on how to implement policies and procedures.
- Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organization
- Negotiate with staff and their representatives (e.g. trade union officials) on issues relating to pay and conditions, contracts, and redundancy.
- Prepare staff handbooks, administer payroll, and maintain employee records.
- Analyze training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
- Keep track of employee paperwork and help answer any questions
- Help create programs for employee growth and development.
- Ensure compliance with labor laws, rules, regulations, and best practices.
- Proven experience as an HR officer, administrator, or other HR position
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development, etc.)
- Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures.
- IT and numeracy skills, with strong IT skills especially Excel required if managing/operating computerized payroll and benefits systems.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude.
- Strong ethics and reliability.
- Business awareness and management skills.
- Interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels
- Organizational and planning skills
- The ability to compile and interpret statistical data and communicate it in a professional and understandable manner.
- BSc/BA in business administration, social studies, or relevant field; any relevant training courses in HR are a plus
- HR Credentials (e.g. PHR from the HR Certification Institute)
- Prior HR experience (not less than 3 years)
HOW TO APPLY
Our recruitment procedure has 3 key steps:
- A pre-selection on the basis of the files submitted (only candidates whose skills and experiences match with the profile will be selected for the test);
- Written test
- Oral Interview.
For each step, only selected candidates are contacted.
Potential applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager directly for further consideration. Interested Applicants meeting the above requirements should submit a motivation letter and an up-to-date curriculum vitae by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; addressed to the Human Resource Manager, Local Youth Corner Cameroon not later than the 30th July, 2023. Any application submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted…