Grant Opportunity: 15,000 USD GRANT for creatives and creators to pitch their climate change content ideas!
Planet Media is calling on all creatives around the world to apply for the Planet Media Call for Pitches which is an initiative which seeks to generate creative ideas for short-form content to support children ages 8-12 in understanding 4 essential climate principles focused on hope, humour, and solutions. Ideas will incorporate key climate messages through a variety of creative approaches, including animation, live-action, music and more.
Selected finalists will have the opportunity to travel to Miami Beach to pitch before a panel of reviewers in March at the annual Aspen Ideas. There, a final round of pitches will be identified to work with a production team to make the content. Selected creatives with winning pitches will receive guidance and backing from a production company, securing a minimum budget of $15,000 dedicated to bringing their creative visions to life. Please note, that this budget is allocated for content creation purposes, not as a cash prize.
Distribution: The resulting content will be featured on the Aspen Institute’s and our partners’ websites and platforms. Furthermore, we’re actively engaging with other media entities and educational collaborators to amplify the content’s reach. IP Ownership: You retain full ownership of both your project and its underlying intellectual property (IP). While we seek the ability to share and utilize the content on our platform and those of our distribution partners, we prioritize your autonomy over the content’s future growth and direction.
Length: Pitches should be for content 30 seconds to 5 minutes
Genres: We are looking for live-action, animation, music, comedy, drama, documentary, podcasts, interactive games, or your great ideas that don’t fit neatly into the category above!
- 2-4 pages
- Include brief descriptions of character(s), seeing, tone, and format rundown
- Emphasize hope, solutions, and/or humour
- If you have them, great. If not, don’t worry:
- Sample script or partial script
- Additional Thoughts (50-100 words):
- What excites you most about making climate content?
- How do you think your project will instil hope?
What is the timeline for this competition?
- January 5, 2024: Site opens for submission of Pitch Concepts
- January 31, 2024: Site closes for submission of Pitch Concepts
- February 16, 2024: Announce creatives who will be invited to join Aspen Ideas:Climate
- March 11-13, 2024: Creatives Pitch Day! Panel of reviewers to select pitches to move forward for content creation
- March-November 2024: Selected creatives execute their create concepts
- November 2024: Premiere Final Content!
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicants should not hold employment positions within the Aspen Institute or The Nature Conservancy, nor should they serve as Board members of these organizations.
- Individuals who are immediate family members (spouse or child) of employees or Board members of these institutions are ineligible to apply. –
- Applicants are required to showcase prior experience in successfully executing creative projects.
- While a background in climate change is not necessary, selected creatives will receive support to ensure the accurate portrayal of climate principles through collaboration with our team of experts.
TO APPLY CLICK THE LINK BELOW