CALL FOR CONSULTANT
Local Youth Corner Cameroon (LOYOC) is seeking a consultant to conduct a needs assessment, mapping and baseline survey in Cameroon on a project aimed at supporting youth-led civil society initiatives for peace and social cohesion across the different regions in Cameroon. This project seeks to strengthen local youth organizations’ engagement as actors of governance and social cohesion in Cameroon and to strengthen their participation and leadership in policy dialogue. The baseline assessment will inform the project results framework’s baseline figures while the needs assessment will map youth-led CSOs working on peacebuilding related activities and their needs. This project is done in Collaboration with Search for Common Ground and funded by the European Union.
About Local Youth Corner Cameroon
LOYOC is a leading youth-led, non-profit, and non-governmental organization aimed at responding to the increasing socio-political and economic challenges facing young people such as; unemployment, bad governance, gender-based violence, and lack of quality education, poverty, corruption, poor social justice system, and exclusion in the decision-making processes which serves as push and pull factors to youth radicalization, involvement in crime, violence and in conflict with the law.
With a head office in Yaoundé, LOYOC currently runs four (4) field offices with focus on promoting the empowerment of young people aged 15 to 35 (males and females) in the domain of sustainable development, peacebuilding, and countering violent extremism and humanitarian response.
LOYOC is recruiting for a consultant/team of consultant(s) to conduct a Baseline and Needs Assessment and measure key project indicators in Cameroon.
The study is to be done in two phases and the objectives are highlighted below:
- Collect baseline values for key indicators
- Document lessons learnt and draw recommendations for improved programming
Mapping and Needs Assessment
- Map out existing Youth Led Organizations (YLO) working on peace and security
- Identify the needs, limitations, and challenges faced by youth-led peacebuilding organisations, young women-led organizations working on peace and security
- Highlight opportunities to advance youth participation in peacebuilding across the 10 regions of Cameroon.
Findings from the assessment will inform LOYOC’s selection of 50 participating youth organisations from across the 10 regions that will make up the initial core of the YPS coalition, with the understanding that the coalition will be able to expand organically beyond the life of the project.
The consultant/team of consultants’ research proposals should include a plan to analyze the current context across gender and age demographics. Candidates’ teams should have experience in gathering evidence to inform the connection between planned programming, the context, and the expected changes from planned programming. The candidates’ team should also have experience transferring research skills to local partners.
This study will be conducted across the ten (10) regions of Cameroon, Specific communities and stakeholders of interest as relevant to the area and theme of study are to be recommended by the Consultant, and jointly agreed on.
Methodology and Data Collection Tools
Proposals should outline the research approach and methods for data collection to be used, including a justification for these methods related to the research questions. The applications submitted must clearly explain why the proposed methodology is the most appropriate to achieve the study objectives; they must also clarify the different tools that will be used and how each of these tools contributes to meeting the established lines of inquiry. Proposals should also include the sampling strategy and approach to analysis. In addition, Do No Harm strategies, and strategies for conflict-sensitive youth inclusion should clearly be stated. Furthermore, the proposal should clearly state how the study would be conducted with youth organisations, such that it provides an opportunity for research skills transfer to these youth organisations.
- Proficiency in English and French (written and spoken);
- More than 5 years of experience in project evaluation, including collecting data in interviews, surveys and focus groups;
- Experience in conflict analysis and working with civil society sectors;
- Experience working with international organizations;
- Experience conducting quantitative surveys and analysis;
- Evaluation methods and data collection skills;
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Familiarity and experience with contextual challenges in the geographic location(s) where the study will take place.
Deadline: Proposals must be submitted no later than Wednesday 5th April at 5:00 PM prompt.
Applicants submitted after this time will not be considered.
Proposals should be submitted via email to email@example.com with the subject “Research Proposals”
For more INFORMATION, click below and download the pdf document attached
Click here ToR Baseline Consultant YOUNG Cameroon