CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: PhotoVoices Initiative
DEADLINE : 20th Janurary 2024
Local Youth Corner Cameroon (LOYOC) in collaboration with the Atlantic Council for International Cooperation (ACIC) is pleased to invite young women (aged 18 -30 years) to apply for the 2024 PhotoVoices Initiative in Cameroon. This initiative seeks to create a unique space for young Atlantic Canadian women and young women from Cameroon to build capacity on how to use photos to share their stories, build skills, and explore various topics related to social justice, peace, and social cohesion by learning from experts in the field and sharing experience with other young women from across the world. This initiative will be virtual with opportunities for in-person engagements.
Stories are powerful: they weave people and experiences together and shape how we see the world. Knowing the impact and value of a well-told story, LOYOC/ACIC’s PhotoVoices Program in Cameroon empowers young women to share the narratives they want to tell through photos.
Why get involved:
- Share, network, and collaborate with like-minded youth living in Atlantic Canada and Cameroon
- Develop skills in photography, communication, social justice action, storytelling, and more!
- Opportunity to learn how to address community needs, concerns, planning, and other lived realities
Eligibility Criteria :
- Young women between the ages of 18-30
- Be living in Cameroon
- Be available for approximately 2 hours/week over the course of 10 weeks between January 2024 and March 2024, for Zoom sessions and program work such as taking photos, connecting with group members, and reflecting on the program process
- Show interest in learning from others and sharing aspects of their own lived experiences, communities, and analysis with youth from other regions of Atlantic Canada and other countries
- All activities will take place online
- Upon completion of the program, youth will receive a certificate of completion and a financial honorarium for their time and commitment.
- Participants from all localities where LOYOC has an office will participate online from LOYOC’s office space
- Must have access to a stable internet connection and laptop or desktop computer or tablet. If stable internet access or equipment access could be a challenge but you are interested in applying, please mention this in the application form below.
- The program will run for 10 weeks from January 28 and March 26, 2024
TO APPLY CLICK HERE: https://forms.gle/55cuhsCkRFcUFLJe6