Finance Fellow Needed
The Finance Fellow will principally be assisting the finance team in preparing both internal and external documents for audit as well as supporting invoice and budget preparations. He/she will also be charged with creating and updating spreadsheets of daily transactions, managing accounts receivable and payable, reviewing and processing reimbursements, and having good knowledge of finance administration.
- Maintenance of accounts; both receipts and payments and to see that all relevant administrative and financial records are maintained properly.
- Analyze finances and develop budgets that will cut down the organization’s costs.
- Exercise supervisory control over transactions and disbursements.
- Conduct internal audits and draft all financial reports.
- Manage the preparation and publication of departmental and organization financial documents.
- Examine financial and legal documents to verify accuracy and adherence to financial regulations and acceptable financial principles.
- Keep accurate records for all daily transactions and manage the organization’s petit cash.
- Prepare balance sheets and monthly account reconciliations.
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Ensure the petit cash record book is up to date.
- Assist with budget preparation review and implement financial policies.
- Degree or Advanced Diploma in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, or any other related fields.
- Must be a youth between 18 and 32 years.
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures.
- Practical knowledge in preparing for audits.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft packages especially Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of financial regulations.
- Knowledge of administrative duties (documentation, internal control, printing, photocopying, scanning, etc).
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Sharp time management skills.
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data.
- Have strong communication skills, possess leadership skills, flexibility, possess internet skills.
- Must be fluent in English. Working knowledge of the French language is an advantage.
- Ability to understand, communicate and manage complex cross-functional issues.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and a willingness to communicate with individuals at all levels.
Local Youth Corner Cameroon (LOYOC) is a national, non-governmental, non-profit making and youth-led organization working with young people to build peace and prevent youth radicalization, instrumentalization, and violent extremism. LOYOC seeks to build peace and prevent youth radicalism and violent extremism through training, peer-to-peer education, sports, policy recommendations, research, etc, and create an enabling environment for young people to exercise their full potential. Created in 2002, the organization currently has three operational offices with headquarters in Yaoundé including the just established Buea Field office which has operational coverage in the Littoral, West, Northwest, and Southwest regions of Cameroon.
With the need to recruit visionary and passionate young peacebuilders to push the vision of the organization and with LOYOC being an equal opportunity employer, we are currently looking for young people with a passion for peacebuilding and development and with competencies in Finance management, especially in audit reparations.
Interested Applicants meeting the above requirements should submit a motivation letter and curriculum vitae by email ONLY to: email@example.com. Applications should be addressed to the Human Resource Manager, Local Youth Corner Cameroon no later than Wednesday, June 29, 2022. Any application submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted…