Call for Applications: Peace Building Trainer (Consultant)
Local Youth Corner Cameroon (LOYOC) is a youth-led and youth-centred organization working with young people to build peace. We focus on promoting the empowerment of young people (male and female) in the domain of peacebuilding, as well as preventing and countering violent extremism and sustainable development. As a youth-led organization, we apply the Positive Youth Development Approach that strengthens the assets/skills, sense of agency, opportunities for contributions, and the enabling environment for youth. LOYOC has designed the PROMOTING YOUTH DIALOGUE AND RESILIENCE BUILDING THROUGH SPORTS IN CAMEROON PROJECT (Read more) which seeks to build on sports and leisure activities as a key tool to provide safe spaces for dialogue, peer to peer learning and critical thinking, youth leadership, social cohesion, influence attitude and life skills (teamwork, tolerance, respect) that can make young people resilient to ideological exploitation and lure them into extremist violence in the littoral region of Cameroon ..
- Peacebuilding Trainer (Consultant) Short Term
The trainer will be responsible for the preparation and implementation of peacebuilding training of trainers on facilitating dialogue and building bridges between and among diverse groups. At the end of this training component, participants will have developed an in-depth understanding of how to work together and will be able to transfer their newly acquired skills through delivering similar training to other groups, including community members and other community-based and civil society organisations.
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop a training methodology and agenda, clear objectives and expectations of each session, based on CGA modules, and in consultation with the project management team and the other master trainers;
- Develop evaluation forms, pre and post-tests, in coordination with LOYOC’s Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and project teams;
- Ensure the quality, timely, inclusive and creative implementation of the training opportunities, and guarantee the active engagement of all participants; and
- Submit a final assessment report on the training sessions in line with LOYOC’s reporting requirements and standards.
- Basic understanding of the Common Ground Approach or has previously participated in any workshop of this nature;
- Basic skills on the tools and materials in dialogue facilitation;
- Experience in delivering remote/online training;
- Solid understanding of project cycle phases and tools;
- Proven experience in the design, development, and delivery of similar trainings and developing evaluation forms and pre and post-tests;
- Ability to tailor training modules to the specific needs of trainees;
- Experience in raising awareness and mobilizing disadvantaged communities;
- Ability to show empathy towards trainees, no matter what characteristics, concerns and obstacles they may encounter in mastering what is being taught.
- Possess excellent facilitation skills, including managing groups; an ability to draw out thoughts and ideas from others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that evoke trust and are gender and culturally sensitive;
- Previous experience in working with local organisations or NGOs in any project management related activity
- Proficiency in English and French Language since training
- Able to communicate in Pidgin English
- Masters the use of Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Mastery of Google online tools (Form, Doc, Sheets, Jam board),
- Understanding of online meeting platforms (Zoom, GoToMeeting or Meet).
- Bachelor degree in international relations, gender and development, social sciences, peace and development studies or other relevant fields;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in peacebuilding, community capacity building, conflict transformation, conflict/gender sensitivity, negotiation and/or mediation approaches and facilitation;
- Minimum 1-year experience as a trainer or facilitator;
- Fluent in the English and French language (spoken, reading, writing and listening).
Interested Applicants meeting the above requirements should submit a A detailed CV and a Cover letter motivation
by email only to:
email@example.com addressed to the Human Resource Coordinator, Local Youth Corner Cameroon not
later than 17th February 2021.
Any application submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted…