Local Youth Corner (LOYOC) Cameroon is a national, non-governmental, non-profit making, youth centered organization working with young people between the ages of 15 and 35. We are an Organization formed in response to the increased frustration, alienation, socio-political and economic challenges of the Cameroonian youths, who find themselves at the crossroads of making wrong decisions and breaking the rules as a means of survival. These socio-economic challenges span from low self-esteem, high level unemployment, poor health care system, poverty, exclusion in decision and policy making, corruption, poor social justice system, instrumentalisation and many others. These have forced most young people to develop hate for the country and communities, destroy any iota of patriotism, and engage in violent extremist and unscrupulous activities as a means of leaving. LOYOC seeks to build the capacities of these young people, build peace and prevent youth radicalism and violent extremism.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are currently looking for a competent monitoring and evaluation officer (full time) and an Assistant finance officer (volunteer) based in Yaounde.
- Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (1 position)
Reports to: The Project Coordinator
Job type: Full Time
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer be based in Yaounde, Center Region and report to the Project Manager.
- The M & E Officer will be primarily responsible for data gathering, collation and reporting activities to ensure the quality and accountability of the programs implemented by Local Youth Corner Cameroon.
- Under the direction of the Project Manager, the M&E Officer will develop and implement clear and practical M&E plans for the program by ensuring program indicators, monitoring formats, databases, data analysis, and reporting are maintained and harmonized.
- He/she will also track progress of key indicators and provide timely report to the project manager.
- He/she would support the M&E team in the pilot data collection and integration of findings by providing feedback to the Project Manager.
- He/she would review and develop M & E systems for new projects, lead on the implementation of and participatory tools, including focus group discussions, working closely with the team and other project team to ensure timely and quality data entry, analysis and interpretation.
- The M&E officer regular shall undertake field visits and monitor the design and execution of surveys with other assessments.
- He/she shall represent Local Youth Corner’s activities relating to monitoring, evaluation, accountability and reporting when required.
- Must be a youth between 15 and 30 years
- Have a minimum of Bachelor degree in any field of the social sciences or equivalent.
- Have at least 1- 2 years of proven experience in monitoring, evaluation and accountability
- Have experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing.
- Have strong experience in community development programming, preferably in peace building and preventing violent extremism
- Be willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited
- Be fluent in English (both written and spoken skills).
- Have experience in statistical analysis with participatory fieldwork methodologies.
- Have excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, spread sheets, or other statistical packages
- Ability to understand, communicate and manage complex cross-functional issues
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and a willingness to communicate with individuals at all levels
- Have Leadership and influencing skills
- Job Title: Assistant Finance Officer (1 position)
Reports to: The Head of Finance
Job Type: Volunteer
- This position will collaborate with the finance management team to analyse finances and develop budgets that will keep the organisation’s costs down.
- The volunteer will be responsible for proper maintenance of accounts both receipts and payments and to see that all relevant records are maintained properly.
- He/she would work with the Finance Officer to exercise supervisory control over inter departmental transactions including free transfer of stores and to see that prompt action is taken to accept the credits or debits raised by other departments.
- His/her work should be performed effectively with the internal audit and must keep him/her acquainted with the morale and conduct of the staff working in the office.
- Manage the preparation and publication of departmental and organization financial documents
- Collaborate with management on development and execution of funding strategies
- Examine financial and legal documents to verify accuracy and adherence to financial regulations and acceptable financial principles
- Develop or recommend solutions for problems or situations
- Must be a youth between 15 and 30 years
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required (MBA preferred)
- The applicant must not have previous experience (any experience in finance management is an advantage).
- He/She must have the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and high level of interpersonal and organizational skills is expected of this role.
- The candidate must be conscientious, self-motivated with a pleasant and dynamic personality.
- He/ She should demonstrate strong leadership potential, excellent communication skills, and passion for improvement and innovation.
- He/she must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Candidate must demonstrate creative and critical thinking skills
- He/she must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Interested Applicants meeting the above requirements should submit a motivation letter and curriculum vitae by email only to:
Download job summary and specifications here (pdf) LOYOC_Job_Offer_2017
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted