CALL FOR SUBMISSION: “STOP HATE SPEECH ON SOCIAL MEDIA” VIDEO CONTEST
Local Youth Corner Cameroon in collaboration with Lionn Production and StrawAcademy is pleased to announce the call for submission of video for the STOP HATE SPEECH ON SOCIAL MEDIA VIDEO CONTEST funded by the European Union Delegation to Cameroon. We call on video content creators to submit short creative videos of not more than 3 Minutes which can be used to raise awareness of the ills of Hate Speech in Cameroon through social and mass media
This project seeks to facilitate a nationwide process to develop video content to raise public awareness against hate speech on social and mass media in Cameroon. Specifically, through this nationwide contest, the project will engage young Cameroonians from different walks of life to develop creative video contents which will be selected to serve as appropriate content to sensitize the Cameroonian public against the dangers of hate speech. The content produced will be disseminated throughout the nation using tv stations as well as social media platforms.
For this contest, a panel of judges will be set up representing both government and parastatals as well as CSOs and media experts working on hate speech mitigation. This group of judges will evaluate the submitted videos and select the best three who will be recognized at an official award ceremony.
Who Can Participate?
- Open to every young Cameroonian between 15 – 35 years old
How to participate?
- Step 1: Produce your video and upload it on Youtube
- Step 2: Click here to fill out the form.
- Step 3: On the form remember to input your video link in the required section
- Ensure you click submit. You will receive an email to confirm.
- The video submitted should NOT be more than 3 minutes long;
- The video submitted should be EITHER French OR English;
- The video must be NON-offensive or advertise/promote ANY commercial products;
- Acceptable Video quality is HIGHLY encouraged
- Submission of Videos 1st to 25th of October
- Review and first selection process 26th – 31st October 2022
- Final Selection Process 1st -8th of November 2022
- Award Ceremony. November 2022
Recognition of winners
- Cash Prizes to be won
- 1st Position- €2000/Trophy
- 2nd Position-€1000/Trophy
- 3rd Position- €500/Trophy
- Dissemination of Video Content
The Best 3 videos will also be disseminated on widespread social and mass media. The content will be broadcasted by National Television and others. It will also be posted on social media by influential young people and other reputable institutions and platforms.
Deadline: 25th October 2022 at 11:59 pm